Consider these questions before you install ScaleArc:
- Are you a cloud-based enterprise or do you wish to install ScaleArc on-premise?
- Are you a new or an existing customer?
If you have the necessary resource information and environment, you can install ScaleArc as a first-time user in less than 30 minutes.
If you wish to upgrade to the latest version of ScaleArc from the current version you are running on your system, refer to Upgrade ScaleArc.
Install ScaleArc for the first time
Getting started with ScaleArc is fairly straightforward. The following gives you a short description of the steps in this section for installing ScaleArc:
- Review the prerequisites section to confirm you have the requisite hardware and software requirements to run ScaleArc.
- Complete the deployment checklist and the cluster configuration checklist as preparation for the installation and configuration.
- Download ScaleArc for your environment.
- Follow the installation instructions for your specific platform.
- Configure operating parameters and apply your purchased license for access to ScaleArc.
- Configure the basic settings that define the network and other properties.
- If required, configure High Availability (HA) service by using two ScaleArc instances setup in an HA pair.
- Create a cluster to manage SQL traffic.
Note: For first-time ScaleArc installation, we recommend that you perform a health check prior to transitioning to production traffic. Upon successful completion of the ScaleArc configuration, refer to this article on Executing Automated Healthcheck before you go live. If needed, contact ScaleArc's technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may be special circumstances or procedures necessary for a successful transition from an older version to the current version of ScaleArc.