This article provides information on how to request and obtain access to the new software Release Portal in order to download the latest installation media as well as earlier releases of ScaleArc software for installation or upgrade.
Customers requesting access to the Release Portal to download ScaleArc software for installation or upgrades should provide proof of purchase along with the customer's name, email, organization, and required product version.
Ignite Global Support is now using a new product release distribution system for our on-premise products to replace the FTP server that was the release distribution channel prior. This new solution is a significant improvement over the FTP-based solution, as customers will access product releases securely through a user-friendly web portal and they will be able to download the release files much faster compared to the FTP-based solution.
With this new Release Portal, each customer organization and customer end-user are set up in the system with access that is specific to the products they have purchased. Each customer end user will be given their own set of credentials to access the Release Portal at https://release01.versata.com.
The credentials can be used to get the latest product updates and hotfixes which the customer is eligible for.
Once the access request ticket is received, the Support team will use the information provided to validate your eligibility and create the access credentials which will then be shared through the same support ticket created.
Agents should access the ITOps portal, and navigate to Create a new user release01.versata.com and fill in the required information. The Role should be Release Admin and Approvers should be the agent's Manager.
- Once you received a request from a customer to download installation files for one of the products, reach out to the Zendesk Support team via email@example.com using side conversation. Request to create credentials for the customer to access the Release Portal, including the customer's name, email, organization, and product version.
- Inform the customer that you requested credentials for them to be created and put the ticket on hold.
- Once Zendesk Support provides the credentials for the customer, log in to the Release Portal using these credentials.
- Check if the correct product version is available to download on the portal.
- If yes, send the credentials and the link to the Release Portal to the customer.
- Wait for the customer to confirm that they were able to download the software.
As soon as you obtain the access credentials, you are advised to change the default password to a strong password of your choice which should be stored securely for subsequent use. Make sure that you can access the release portal with the new credentials.