The purpose of this article is to discuss the reasons why you receive "Error ID 2323" when trying to configure ScaleArc Servers for High Availibility (HA)
Why do I receive the error "Error ID 2323: For HA to work username and password should be same on both the machines." when the passwords ARE the same?
- The ScaleArc passwords are indeed different for both ScaleArc Servers
- The versions of ScaleArc are different
To receify this issue, do the following:
- Check to ensure both ScaleArc servers are using the same Username AND Password
- Ensure both ScaleArc Servers are on the same Version
To check the ScaleArc server version, do the following:
- At the top of the screen, choose the "Settings" tab
- Choose "System Settings" from the menu
- Under the Load Balancer version section, you will see the versions of the ScaleArc components for that server
- Repeat the above steps on your 2nd ScaleArc Server
If you see the versions are different, update both servers until the ScaleArc component versions are the same. After you have verified the component versions are the same, retry configuring High Availability (HA) for your ScaleArc Servers.
NOTE: If an update is available, you will see a button that says "Update Automatically". By clicking this button, the update will be downloaded and applied to your ScaleArc Server.